Library fines may be adjusted or waived in extenuating circumstances supported by documentation of your claim (see guidelines below). Completion of this form does not guarantee the removal or adjustments of library fines. You will be notified of your application results within 5 business days, or if more information is needed. Please fill out the form completely.
Extenuating circumstances do not include:
- Lack of understanding Library fines policies or circulation rules.
- Unwillingness to accept responsibility for the Library’s materials, including loaning to a third party, intentional or accidental damage, or theft*.
- Non-receipt or delayed receipt of an overdue notice.
- Needing the item past the due date.
- Failing to update your current e-mail or mailing address.
- Failing to check your university email address.
- Forgetting the due date, term breaks, being out of town, or exams.
*In theft cases, you are responsible for the stolen materials, but we can provide you with an invoice to present to your insurance company for reimbursement.