Online payments for tuition and fees may be made 24 hours a day via the Student Center at myLaw.untdallas.edu using a credit/debit card or E-check. To make an online payment, follow these steps:
- Log in to myLaw.untdallas.edu and click Student Center.
- Select Make a Payment > Make a Payment by Credit Card or E-check > Pay Bill > Make Payment.
- Enter the dollar amount without any commas or dollar signs.
- Select a payment method, click on Continue, then fill out the information to process your payment.
- Wait for your confirmation number to confirm the transaction.
PAYMENT BY CHECK
Payments by check can be mailed and must be received by the due date, regardless of the date of postmark. To ensure proper credit, you must include your student ID number on the checks.
Make checks payable to: UNT Dallas College of Law.
UNT Dallas College of Law payments can be mailed to:
UNT Dallas College of Law
Office of Student Financial Services
1901 Main Street
Dallas, TX 75201
Check payments will be accepted at the College of Law after the student billing statements are posted in myLaw.untdallas.edu.
Tuition and fees must be paid in full upon registration or by the payment deadline for regular and late registration. Payment for any additional fees resulting from Schedule Revision or Add/Drops is due by the end of the Add/Drop period. Payment by installment is an alternative offered by the College of Law for students who are unable to make full payment by the deadline. If you are receiving financial aid and your pending aid is not enough to cover the full balance, payment for the difference must be paid in full, or through the installment payment plan.
Student Pay Plan (Effective Fall 2015)
The UNT Dallas College of Law provides the following alternatives for the payment of tuition and fees during the fall and spring semesters:
- Full payment of tuition and fees upon registration or by the payment deadline for registration; or
- Installment payment plan: consists of an initial down payment of 10%, with three additional payments of 30%, 30% and the final 30%. The first payment is due by the payment deadline each semester and additional payments are due by the 3rd of each month. For fall semesters, payments will be due on October 3rd (Note: For fall 2015, the due date will be Monday, October 5, 2015, due to October 3rd falling on a weekend), November 3rd and December 3rd. For spring semesters, payments will be due on February 3rd, March 3rd and April 3rd. Payment plans are not offered for summer sessions.*
- NOTE: A $20 fee is added when the installment plan is processed and is due with the initial payment.
*Tuition and fees must be paid in full for each summer term upon registration or by the payment deadline for early registration. Payment for any additional fees resulting from Schedule Revision or Add/Drops is due by the end of the Add/Drop period. Tuition payment by installment is not offered during the summer sessions.
Setting up the Student Installment Payment Plan
- Log on to myLaw.untdallas.edu using your EUID and password.
- On the left-side menu, select Finances, then Enroll in Payment Plan.
- Click on Installment Plan Information – For Fall and Spring Semesters.
- Read the terms and conditions.
- Click on Pay Installment Amount and Go On Installment Plan.
- Read the information and then click on Pay Bill.
- Enter your payment and address information and click Continue.
The installment plan is a contract between the student and the College of Law. By enrolling in the installment plan, a student agrees to comply with its terms and conditions, and failure to do so may result in additional charges. A student who fails to make payment of tuition and fees, including incidental fees, by the due date may be prohibited from registering for classes until full payment is made. A student who fails to make payment prior to the end of the semester may be denied credit for the courses taken for that semester.
In addition, by enrolling in the installment plan, a student authorizes the College of Law to assign any unpaid tuition and fees covered by the installment plan to a collection agency or credit reporting agency for the purpose of collecting amounts owed at the College of Law’s option. The student agrees to pay all attorney’s fees and other reasonable collection costs and charges necessary for the collection of any amount not paid when due.
Short-term loans are available to enrolled students who meet the criteria below. The loans are posted to a student's account to make the first installment payment in the fall or spring or the entire payment in a summer semester.
Criteria to qualify for a short-term loan:
- No outstanding blocks (Service Indicators preventing the student from receiving a short-term loan).
- No outstanding loans (Service Indicator showing loan default status).
- Students who have previously defaulted on a short-term loan that has been sent to a collection agency are no longer eligible to receive a short-term loan.
Students will be placed on the installment plan when obtaining a short-term loan for the fall or spring semesters. Short-term loans can be issued to pay the first installment amount if a student's anticipated aid is not enough to cover the first installment amount. Short-term loans are issued for the first installment amount minus any anticipated aid amount. A one-time 1% origination fee will be charged at the time of the loan in addition to the $20.00 charge for being placed on the installment plan.
All loans must be repaid by the established due date in order to avoid collection costs. Unpaid loans are subject to being submitted to an outside collection agency.
UNT Dallas is happy to provide students a range of options for paying educational expenses. However, those UNT Dallas College of Law students choosing to pay by credit or debit card for the educational expenses billed through Student Financial Services will begin paying a 2.7% service effective with the fall 2015 term. The fee covers the cost to UNT Dallas for making credit and debit card payments available.
UNT Dallas will continue to accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit and debit cards online for payment.
Payment options remain available without the additional service fee. Payment can be made online with an electronic check; checks can be mailed; and cash, checks, cashier's checks and money orders are accepted at Student Financial Services.