There are a number of surface parking lots near 1901 Main Street, home to the UNT Dallas College of Law. Follow this link for a map of available parking locations in the downtown area. The law school does not recommend one parking space over any other; however, students interested in covered parking should consider the Elm Street Garage, located at 2000 Elm Street, which has a sky bridge connection to the law school.
Elm Street Monthly Parking Garage information:
- The UNT Dallas College of law student monthly pre-tax rate is $90.00, plus tax, through 8/31/18.
- The UNT Dallas College of law student monthly pre-tax rate will rise to $110.00, plus tax, on 9/1/18.
- There is a one-time $15 activation fee and there is a $15 replacement fee for a lost parking badge.
- Online registration permits students to select a start date for parking privileges.
- Starting parking privileges before the 15th of any month will result in having to pay for the full month.
- Monthly parking provides students with in-out parking privileges, including on weekends.
- Students contracting for monthly parking must pick up their parking FOB/pass card/badge at the Elm Street Garage parking office, located on the third floor of the garage near the skybridge, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
- A monthly parking contract must be entered into online through the link provided: https://parkcentral.parking.com/CreateAccount.aspx?Glid=TX0808 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (Links to an external site).
When completing the contract, students MUST:
- Use their UNT Dallas College of Law email address,
- Type in Student in the employer field of the registration form, and
- Under the Parkers and Vehicles section of the form, students must enter their license plate number under the “Card Number” section of the form (NOT a credit card number) before they will be able to move to the next section of the registration form.
Students who enter a monthly parking contract with the Elm Street Garage should note that there is a 30 day written cancellation notice requirement to terminate the parking contract.
Elm Street Garage daily parking information:
- There are no in-and-out privileges when paying for daily parking;
- The daily parking rate is presently $12;
- Students may reduce their daily parking as follows:
- Bring the ticket one receives upon entering the parking garage into the Lee F. Jackson Building and scan it at the security desk.
- The scanner is programmed to reduce the parking rate to $6 for those who arrive before 4pm.
- The scanner is programmed to reduce the parking rate to $4 for those who arrive after 4pm.
- When you exit the parking garage, scan the ticket at the gate and pay the appropriate amount.
- You must have your entry ticket to receive the discount.
- Occasionally, special event parking can alter the cost of daily rate parking.
Please note that rates are subject to change by the garage in the future.
The law school is four blocks south of the DART light rail St. Paul Station. See map.